Sunday, 10 August 2014

November 2013 - Life As I Know It

This blog was started years ago with the intention of being a diary of our world travels.  

As we have settled into new life adventures and become in fact more settled in the UK, our adventures have not included as many departure lounges and passport using as we had initially thought, but instead our adventures are of a 'living each day to it's fullest kind'.


One of the greatest adventures I have undertaken is to live the life I imagine, and this Christmas card was given to me by the woman who helped me unlock the courage to do so. 

Since stepping away from the 9-5 life that I had previously lived in, I now find myself available to take up adventures and opportunities when they come along.  In November I was able to say yes to an impromptu lunch date with inspiring ladies whom I admire.  Consider working opportunities I know would never have come my way (even if it was just an interview which lead to a compliment and no job offer). And to receive beautiful messages from friends who want me to know that Ziggling has made a happy difference to their day. 

All of these are a new way of living for me.  With each day's adventures adding to the story of my life, and our time here in Londontown.

With my voluntary work with the New Zealand Society filling many hours, I have to often drag my family along in order to see them.  How delighted was I to have them both get fully behind a Halloween event we did.  My crazy but wonderful family... couldn't do any of this without you.


Then there were surprise parcels from New Zealand!  Yummo!!!  My new favourite coffee hit from home Havana, with  jewellery from NZ style icon Jill Main and then there's that chocolate Whittaker's, which never fails to impress.... and while she was here I may have told my darling friend Ange that I missed NZ Picnics. How spoilt am I!



Oh, and then there was the day that two All Blacks walked past us in GAP on Oxford Circus.  I can not believe that I left out a gasp of excitement when I noticed them, and then much to my daughter's horror tapped them on the shoulder for a photo. Feeling rather tiny next to these two!  Kevin Mealamu and Steven Luatua were most gracious - when all they probably wanted to do was shop.


Sitting in the stands of Wembley Stadium never get's old, and was made even better when New Zealand beat England in the last few seconds of the match. We were surrounded by boisterous Brits who suddenly went quiet when the full time whistle blew.  Supporting our home team at an internationally regarded venue is always a pinch myself moment for me.  Although the old wooden stadium has long gone, I have fond memories of early morning rising in NZ, blankets over legs, weetbix with warm milk in a bowl whilst my Dad and friend's watched FA Cup finals live.  In the darkness of the wee hours in NZ, and the full winter daylight in the UK.


November also included DVD days when home sick, working from home in PJs and Slippers, just because I could.  Inspiring catch-ups, more music and dancing enjoyed whilst out with friends, studying for our Life in the UK test, excitedly making plans for a quick trip to NZ over Christmas.  

2013 was fast coming to a close, I hadn't quite caught up with myself.  But as I look back over the year that was... I can't help but think, how jolly fortunate am I!

1 comment:

Gill H said...

Fantastic to read T!
Maybe it's time i started writing as a reflection on the good things too.
G x